With Highlight, you can airdrop tokens to specific wallet addresses by writing directly to the applicable block explorer. Chains supported on Highlight linked below:
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to airdrop tokens:
- 1.Find the contract address: To airdrop tokens, you'll need to find the contract of your collection. You can find this by going to the Collections Tab and selecting the appropriate token. The contract address is at the top of the page.
- 2.Open up the applicable blockchain explorer by clicking the contract address on Highlight's token management page.
- 3.Prior to writing to the contract, you will first have to verify that the contract is a proxy. Do so by going to the "Contract" tab and selecting "code". Then select the dropdown arrow for more options, and hit "Is this a proxy?".Select verify on the following page to gain write access on the contract.
- 4.On this page, select "Contract" tab. Then select “Write as proxy” and connect to web3 with the address that deployed the contract.
- 5.Access the contract's functions: below the "Write as proxy" section, you'll see a list of the contract's functions. Under section #10, "registerMinter", input your wallet address. Sign the transaction and wait for the transaction to complete. Doing so will allow you to make changes to the contract. For generative and series collections, "registerMinter" will be field #12.
- 6.Select contract function: Once you are the registered minter, you can airdrop tokens to holders. To airdrop multiple tokens to holders, use section 5. To airdrop one token to holders, use section 7. For generative and series collections, these will be fields 6 and 8, respectively.
- 7.Input airdrop parameters: set the edition ID to "0" for an open edition, Series collection, or generative collection. For limited editions and one of ones, this will depend if it's the first collection deployed on a contract. The editionID in this case would be 0 for the first contract, 1 for the second contract, and so on. Under recipients, input the wallet addresses in a comma-separated format between square brackets. If you are using "mintAmountToOneRecipient", enter the number of tokens you'd like to airdrop per wallet address.
- 8.Submit the transaction: Once satisfied with the inputs, click on the "Write" button and confirm the transaction in your wallet. Make sure you double-check all information before submitting the transaction! The tokens will be airdropped to the recipient's wallet address once the transaction is confirmed and completed.
- 9.Under section #25 "unregisterMinter", input your wallet address. Sign transaction For generative and series collections, "unregisterMinter" will be field #34.