An open edition NFT collection refers to a collection of NFTs where the artwork and metadata for each item within the collection are identical. In addition, unlike limited editions, open editions have no predetermined or fixed number of NFTs available.
The collection is "open", meaning that NFTs can be minted and added to the collection indefinitely, or that an unlimited supply can be minted in a set time frame.
- 1.Start by uploading your artwork in one of the following supported formats: Image: PNG, JPG, GIF, WEBP Video: MP4 Audio: MP3
- 2.Add traits for your artwork
- 1.Set the specific blockchain your collection will run on.
- 2.Create and customize your contract use to deploy the collection. You own and control all contracts created on Highlight. The name of this contract will be publicly visible on blockchain explorers like Etherscan. More information on the multiple editions contract here.
- 3.Input your collection name, description, and logo. The logo will appear as the cover image of your collection. Note that for the collection description, Highlight has markdown support. This means you can format text with headings, bold text, links, and more. Check out this page for additional details on how you can format text.
- 4.Toggle for transferability, which makes your collection "soul bound". This means the NFT cannot be traded or exchanged but is instead tied to the collector's wallet address.
- 1.Enter the price of your token. Don't worry, you can change this later from the token management page.
- 2.Enter the mint start and end date. This can also be updated on the token management page.
- 3.Apply a gate to your collection. This can also be changed post-collection deployment so that different collectors can access your mint at different points.
- 4.Specify the number of mints per wallet.
- 5.Input your primary and royalty payout addresses.
Review and deploy
- 1.Review your collection details on the final page.
- 2.Once confirmed, deploy your collection by approving a gas fee. A message will pop up in your connected wallet to approve the gas fee to complete collection deployment.
- 3.Wait for your transaction to complete. You can check the transaction status in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Once deployed, you can share, embed, or manage the mint from the token dashboard.
Once a collection has been deployed and pending sale details, the NFTs will be available to mint by your collectors and fans.
You can control the start and stop time of the mint, as well as other characteristics, such as whether the token is non-transferable and how many mints are allowed per wallet.